Monday, August 20, 2012

Polka Dot Shirt

Hi!  I wanted to show you my latest sewing endeavor.  The shirt below was my inspiration. 
Again, I can't take credit for the idea, because I followed another tutorial from Cotton and Curl. And because the original tutorial is so excellent, I didn't bother taking pictures of how I made this shirt.  Besides, I didn't follow her directions exactly, and I think you would be more successful if you did.  ;)  I came across a few hiccups as a result of trying to do my own thing.  Ha ha.   Anyway, here are some pictures of how it turned out.

I found this silky polka-dot fabric at a wonderful little hole-in-the-wall fabric store in Portland.  There was only about a yard of it, but it was $2, so I snatched it up.  I had plans to make a skirt for it, but I would have had to buy some contrasting fabric to add to it, so when I saw this shirt tutorial, I decided to try it out.  The silky fabric was a little hard to work with, and I'll definately have to hand-wash it, but I really like how it turned out.  In fact, I pretty much love it.  I'm totally wearing it to work tonight.  :) 

This was a super easy project and I love the way it turned out.  I think I might make another one once I find the fabric for it.  :)

Would you ever attempt this project?

Niki

2 comments:

donnalyn said...

Good job:)That can also be nicely matched with a skirt.

Niki said...

Thanks! And yes it would! I'm super excited to find more ways to wear it. :) Thanks for dropping by!

Niki