Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Everybody Everywear Back to School




I put together this back-to-school look for this month's Everybody Everywear challenge.  I started with the skirt because I thought it was perfect for the theme, being plaid and all.  I made it out of a men's shirt a while ago, but I had trouble with the waistband, so I didn't wear it much because it ended up being too big.  But today, I realized I could fix it with some wide elastic from one of my recent projects.  It was an easy fix, and I will wear it much more now.  :) 

This outfit was slightly out of my comfort zone, but hopefully stretching myself will be a good thing.  That's kinda one of my goals for this blog.  To develop my own personal style and to explore new possibilites with my clothes. 

Is it hard for you to break out of your comfort zone when you get dressed in the morning? 

Niki
 
Skirt: refashion.  Shirt: refashion/thrifted.  Shoes: thrifted.  Belt: thrifted.  Scarf: gift.  Hair: sock bun
Back To School | Everybody, Everywear

6 comments:

still being [molly] said...

love it, girl! i love the look and you did such a great job being creative with the challenge!! <3 hopping over from ebew <3

Niki said...

Thank you for your encouraging words! They mean alot. Hop over anytime! :)

Niki

Desiree said...

Stopping by from EBEW. Love the 'Practical Reader' as a prop. You look darling. Very nerd-chic. All about the look.

-Desiree, Pop-o-matic Deluxe

Niki said...

Hey! Thanks so much for dropping by and for your nice comment! I felt like I couldn't do a back to school look with out having a book in my hand. I love books too much for that. :)

Niki

Gracey the Giant said...

Hello! Found your blog through EBEW and didn't realize that you were also an Oregon blogger! So am I! So happy to meet you. Love this outfit and am super impressed that you made that skirt.

Gracey

Niki said...

Hi! Nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Niki