Sunday, September 23, 2012

Maxi Style




Yep, I'm finally wearing the maxi dress I made a while back.  I hadn't worn it yet, because I couldn't figure out how to style it.  But now that I have my awesome new denim jacket, that problem is solved!  And yes, the last picture is my "how awesome is this jacket?" picture.  ;)  The blue accents and denim jacket were just what this dress needed to make it more casual.  It was a super comfy outfit for church and watching "Born to be Wild" at OMSI. (that's the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, for you non-Portlanders.)
 
And yes, my necklace does match my nails perfectly.  This was unintentional!  But actually, they are exactly the same, because the necklace is painted with the nail polish.  It was just a gray/black stone in the middle before.  It was a hand-me-down from my great grandma, but I never ever wore it.  It was kinda ugly.  So I decided to give it a few coats of nail polish to turn it into a trendier statement necklace.  And now I like it.  :)
 
Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday!  Mine got better just now because I devoured a deliciously fresh, juicy apple while reading "Mattimeo" by Brian Jacques.  Small pleasures.  :)
 
Niki
 
P.S. "Born to be Wild" was a pretty cute movie, especially if you're into animals.  I'm not that much of an animal person, but I do love elephants, so I thought it was kinda adorable for that reason.  I want a baby elephant now.
 
Dress: self-made.  Jacket: thrifted.  Necklace: refashioned.  Belt: borrowed from my grandma, then refashioned.  Ring: bought it in Austria. 

2 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

LOVE your dress! And the denim jacket really looks cute with this outfit!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Niki said...

Thank you! :)

Niki