Saturday, September 1, 2012

No-sew Scarf Vest. Are You Serious?

 
See my awesome new vest?  Let me tell you a secret.  It's a scarf.  Yep, a scarf.  One of my favorite scarves is now a favorite vest.  I was inspired by this article I found yesterday, and decided to try one of their 10 ideas.  So I turned my scarf into a vest.  Non-permantently!
 
 
It's super simple!  You just tie the two top corners together, and catch some of the middle of the scarf in the knot as well.  I don't know if you can tell from the pictures very well, but it's super easy to figure out.  I promise.


I will definately be wearing me and my mom's larger scarves this way alot.  It's a simple way to dress up an outfit and get more wear out of those wonderful scarves.  I love this idea.  It's the perfect example of how a little creativity can go a long way when it comes to remixing your wardrobe. 
 
Well, I'm off to have a Pride and Prejudice marathon with a friend.  Bye for now!
 
Niki
 
Striped shirt: Kohl's.  Jeans: Levi's.  Shoes: thrifted.  Necklace: Claire's.  Scarf-vest: gift from my best friend.  It's from Disneyland.  :)

1 comment:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

I saw this once before... a girl working at Vanity clothing store in the mall showed it to me. I loved it, but when I got home I couldn't remember how to do it. I'm so glad you shared this!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog