Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Jeans, Tea Cups and Jumpsuits, Oh My!

 So, I went to the thrift store.  Again.  I desperately needed a pair of jeans that fit me!  Ok, not desperately, but none of my jeans really fit me anymore, which is a good problem to have, but was getting annoying.  So off I went to Salvation Army. 
 
 
I tried on tons of jeans, and only 2 pairs fit.  Jeans shopping is always like pulling teeth for me, even at regular stores.  But I really like the ones I found.  They fit me well, they look nice, and they were cheaper than the other pair that I was considering.  $7.99 isn't bad for a pair of good jeans.  :)

 
Now, before you freak out about the hideous garment above, I am not going to wear it as is!  *shudder*  It's a horrid jumpsuit with shoulder pads and everything.  But it was the color of the day, so for $2, I thought I'd do an experiment and turn it into something much less hideous.  But that's a post for another day.  Hint, hint.  ;)
 
 
I also found this lovely cup and saucer!  It feels like a mug and looks like a tea cup.  And it's red!  It was $3, and cheap-o that I am, I almost didn't get it, but I'm glad I did.  It's been fun to drink tea and coffee out of something cute, and the plate is the perfect size for a snack. 
 
I also got a book of optical illusions for $1.  Always fun.  Makes your eyes a little buggy, though.  :)
 
Oh, and the shirt I'm wearing in the picture above will make an official debut soon, as well. 
 
Have you found anything awesome at a thrift store lately?
 
Niki
 
 
Thrifters Anonymous

3 comments:

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Are those Hydraulics? (or how every you spell that haha) I used to have a pair of those...actually still have them and am getting ready to refashion them to a skirt!...and LOVED them because they were SO comfy!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Niki said...

Actually, yeah, they are! I'm glad to hear that it's a good brand, because I admit I'd never heard of them before. :)

Niki

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Oh yeah they're awesome! I loved mine...I actually JUST finished refashioning the jeans I was talking about in the previous comment into the skirt. It's super comfy! I think the jeans are mainly sold at Maurices stores. I might have seen them at JC Penny's too, but I'm not as sure on that. They're nice jeans. :)

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

P.S. Here's the photo link..It's gonna be awhile before I can get the tutorial up though: http://blueeyedbeautyblogg.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-designs-lace-denim-striped-skirt.html