Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October Verse a Day Challenge: Days 22 and 23


Day 22: "In your town."

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands." - Revelation 7:9 (NIV)

What does this have to do with my town?  Well, people from my town will be part of that great multitude.  :)

Day 23: "The view from here."  Is it cheating to use a verse twice?  Ha ha.  I'll just do two verses. 

"Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." - 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NIV)

I've used this verse before, but it definitely fits.  Our view from here is so dim and warped. 

"When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?" - Psalm 8:3-4 (NIV)

Another view from here is the stars.  Well, ok, it's cloudy tonight, but whatever.  When we consider the stars and the hugeness of the universe, it changes our view on things and we realize how small we are.  But yet, we are still so important to God!  Crazy, right?

Niki

No comments: