Monday, January 14, 2013

Who's Who: Key Edition

A few weeks after I got my job, I was handed a set of keys.  These keys looked exactly the same, but they went to different doors.  For the first day or so, I had to look at the little tiny words stamped on the keys to be able to tell them apart.  So I took them home and painted them different colors.  It worked great, but the paint (or nail polish, rather) has chipped so I had to repaint them today.  So, like any good blogger, I took pictures of the process to show the world and help out any who may be having the "Help, my keys are identical twins!" problem.  :)
 
Step 1: Gather supplies.  You'll need your keys, nail polish (a different color for each key, obviously), topcoat and something to protect your work surface from clumsiness.  Oh, you'll also want a movie to watch, book to read, or some other project to work on while things are drying.
 
 (See?  I told you they were hard to tell apart.)

Step 2: Paint the keys like you would paint your nails!  Let one side dry, then flip it over and do the other side.  You may want to do multiple coats, it's up to you.  Personally, I added a layer of glitter nail polish to one of mine for some extra bling.  This step is when you'll need another source of entertainment, because waiting for all those coats to dry gets boring.

 
 Step 3 is optional. I just added a topcoat to my keys to hopefully extend the life of the nail polish.  This project is really just like doing your nails.
 

This is a super basic project, and I'm sure y'all are smart enough to think of it, and figure out how to do it without my help, but I thought I'd post anyway.  Because I'm a blogger, and it's what we do.  ;)

Niki

No comments: